Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy 25th birthday, Novak Djokovic!

Credit: Djokovic's Facebook page
Born 22 May 1987, in Belgrade - former Yugoslavia, now Serbia - Djokovic has a lot to celebrate at 25. He had the best year of his career (in fact, one of the best seasons in tennis history), and holds the title of world Nº1 in the ATP World Tour ranking. Djokovic finished the 2011 season with a 70–6 record (wins-losses) and with victories at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. This year, he started by winning the Australian Open and the title in Miami.

Today on his Facebook page, he thanked the fans for the "great wishes, love, photos and nice words!" "I had a great day with my closest ones! My Jelena [Ristic, girlfriend] even made me a Bday cake! Can you imagine what was my wish? :)", he said.  ... .... well, we can only guess, but maybe winning Roland Garros and making four majors in a row would be an awesome gift!

No comments: